- Nov. 2018 – Unlocking the Secrets of Metal-Insulator Transitions, Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) website showcases our studies on Verwey transition in magnetite.
By using an x-ray technique available at the National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLS-II), scientists found that the metal-insulator transition in the correlated material magnetite is a two-step process. The researchers from the University of California Davis published their paper in the journal Physical Review Letters. Read the complete news article here. (Source: Allison Gasparini, Peter Genzer, BNL)
- Oct. 2018 – Our manuscript on Orbital domain dynamics in magnetite below the Verwey transition was published in Physical Review Letters today!
- Oct. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at University of California Riverside.
- Oct. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at ALS User Meeting.
- Oct. 2018 – Welcome to Dr. Kristoffer Haldrup from Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics. He will be joining our group for 4 months during his sabbatical.
- Sept. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja receives Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Award!
- Sept 2018 – Our manuscript on ‘Orbital domain dynamics in magnetite below the Verwey transition’ has been accepted by PRL!
- Sept. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at NSLS-II.
- Sept. 2018 – Congratulations to Jianheng on successful Qualifying Exam!
- July 2018 – Prof. Kukreja participates as a panelist at Career Workshop ‘I Graduated-What Now?’ at SLAC Accelerator National Laboratory, Menlo Park.
- June 2018 – Many Many Congratulations to Morris, Chris and Lacey on their graduation! (Graduate Class of 2018!)
Photos from MSE Senior Send-Off Event Top Left: Lacey, Chris, Prof. Kukreja and Morris, Top Right: Department Chair Prof. Gibeling and Morris, Morris was awarded MSE Outstanding Senior! Bottom Left: Prof. Gibeling addressing the Class of 2018, their families and friends.
- June 2018 – Prof. Kukreja participates in NSF DMR Young Investigators Workshop
- May 2018 – Heartiest Congratulations to Morris! Morris has been honored by Undergraduate Education as Materials Science and Engineering’s Outstanding Senior. https://mse.engineering.ucdavis.edu/blog/congratulations-to-morris-yang-for-being-honored-as-mses-outstanding-senior/
- May 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at NSLS II/CFN Users’ Meeting
- May 2018 – Undergraduate Students Nadia, Joyce and DJ join our group! Welcome!
- May 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at ALBA Synchrotron in Spain
- April 2018 – Congratulations to Jianheng and Ian! Jianheng and Ian receive travel scholarship from PULSE Institute in the Energy Science Directorate of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC) to attend Ultrafast X-ray Summer School (UXSS).
- April 2018 – Our magnetite cover picture gets highlighted in the DOE report!
Basic Energy Sciences Roundtable Opportunities for Basic Research at the frontiers of XFEL ultrafast Science: This report is based on a BES roundtable on Opportunities for Basic Research at the Frontiers of XFEL Ultrafast Science, which was held October 25-26, 2017. (Source: DOE website)
- March 2018 – Prof. Kukreja delivers APS March Meeting talk
- January 2018 – Prof. Kukreja delivers Physics Colloquium talk at UC Santa Cruz
- January 2018 – Graduate Students Kenneth and Rahul join our group! Welcome!
- December 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gets elected as an Executive Committee Member for Far West APS section
- October 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gets elected as an Executive Committee Member for Magnetic Interfaces and Nanostructures Division of AVS: Science and Technology of Materials, Interface and Processing
- August 2017 – Congratulations to Morris for getting selected for French Exchange Program!
- April 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- May 2017 – Congratulations to Jianheng on successful prelim exam!
- March 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at THZ Ultrafast Electron Diffraction workshop at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park
- January 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at Advanced Light Source, Berkeley
- January 2017 – Graduate Students Jianheng and Ian join our group – Jan 2017
- Positions Available for Graduate Students
Interested students can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 2016 – Assistant Professor Roopali Kukreja joins the Materials Science & Engineering Dept.