- Jan. 2019 – Joyce and Nadia present their research at APS Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP)
- Jan. 2019 – Congratulations to Rahul on his publication on ‘The formation of alpha at triple junctions of parent beta phase in titanium alloys’. The article was published in Philosophical Magazine and can be found here.
- Dec. 2018 – Warm welcome to new graduate student members of our group, Meera, Scott and Jugal!
- Nov. 2018 – Unlocking the Secrets of Metal-Insulator Transitions, Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) website showcases our studies on Verwey transition in magnetite.
By using an x-ray technique available at the National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLS-II), scientists found that the metal-insulator transition in the correlated material magnetite is a two-step process. The researchers from the University of California Davis published their paper in the journal Physical Review Letters. Read the complete news article here. (Source: Allison Gasparini, Peter Genzer, BNL)
- Oct. 2018 – Our manuscript on Orbital domain dynamics in magnetite below the Verwey transition was published in Physical Review Letters today!
- Oct. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at University of California Riverside.
- Oct. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at ALS User Meeting.
- Oct. 2018 – Welcome to Dr. Kristoffer Haldrup from Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics. He will be joining our group for 4 months during his sabbatical.
- Sept. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja receives Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Award!
- Sept 2018 – Our manuscript on ‘Orbital domain dynamics in magnetite below the Verwey transition’ has been accepted by PRL!
- Sept. 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at NSLS-II.
- Sept. 2018 – Congratulations to Jianheng on successful Qualifying Exam!
- July 2018 – Prof. Kukreja participates as a panelist at Career Workshop ‘I Graduated-What Now?’ at SLAC Accelerator National Laboratory, Menlo Park.
- June 2018 – Many Many Congratulations to Morris, Chris and Lacey on their graduation! (Graduate Class of 2018!)
Photos from MSE Senior Send-Off Event Top Left: Lacey, Chris, Prof. Kukreja and Morris, Top Right: Department Chair Prof. Gibeling and Morris, Morris was awarded MSE Outstanding Senior! Bottom Left: Prof. Gibeling addressing the Class of 2018, their families and friends.
- June 2018 – Prof. Kukreja participates in NSF DMR Young Investigators Workshop
- May 2018 – Heartiest Congratulations to Morris! Morris has been honored by Undergraduate Education as Materials Science and Engineering’s Outstanding Senior. https://mse.engineering.ucdavis.edu/blog/congratulations-to-morris-yang-for-being-honored-as-mses-outstanding-senior/
- May 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at NSLS II/CFN Users’ Meeting
- May 2018 – Undergraduate Students Nadia, Joyce and DJ join our group! Welcome!
- May 2018 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at ALBA Synchrotron in Spain
- April 2018 – Congratulations to Jianheng and Ian! Jianheng and Ian receive travel scholarship from PULSE Institute in the Energy Science Directorate of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC) to attend Ultrafast X-ray Summer School (UXSS).
- April 2018 – Our magnetite cover picture gets highlighted in the DOE report!
Basic Energy Sciences Roundtable Opportunities for Basic Research at the frontiers of XFEL ultrafast Science: This report is based on a BES roundtable on Opportunities for Basic Research at the Frontiers of XFEL Ultrafast Science, which was held October 25-26, 2017. (Source: DOE website)
- March 2018 – Prof. Kukreja delivers APS March Meeting talk
- January 2018 – Prof. Kukreja delivers Physics Colloquium talk at UC Santa Cruz
- January 2018 – Graduate Students Kenneth and Rahul join our group! Welcome!
- December 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gets elected as an Executive Committee Member for Far West APS section
- October 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gets elected as an Executive Committee Member for Magnetic Interfaces and Nanostructures Division of AVS: Science and Technology of Materials, Interface and Processing
- August 2017 – Congratulations to Morris for getting selected for French Exchange Program!
- April 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited seminar at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- May 2017 – Congratulations to Jianheng on successful prelim exam!
- March 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at THZ Ultrafast Electron Diffraction workshop at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Menlo Park
- January 2017 – Prof. Kukreja gives invited talk at Advanced Light Source, Berkeley
- January 2017 – Graduate Students Jianheng and Ian join our group – Jan 2017
- Positions Available for Graduate Students
Interested students can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 2016 – Assistant Professor Roopali Kukreja joins the Materials Science & Engineering Dept.